Here we go gals! Beginning November 1, 2012 we are challenging each other to incorporate some new healthy eating and active living habits into our lives. The best part is there will be prizes throughout the next 3 months with a grand prize at the end of January. Every two weeks there will be a drawing for a reward! Also, the person with the most raffle tickets earned at the end of January will win the Grand Prize! And to help you along the way, each participant will receive a GoFit activity log to keep track of your progress.
Now for the best part, THE PRIZES!!! Every two weeks a random drawing will be held to determine the winner of the following:
November 17: Water bottle and drawstring bag
December 1: Step & Fit Pedometer
December 15: Healthy snacks assortment
December 29: Digital food scale
January 12: Foam roller and manual
January 26: AMC Theatres gift card
On Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013 the participant with the most tickets accumulated over the 3 month period will receive a 3 day, 2 night stay at Paradise Point resort in Hollister, Missouri which is just outside of Branson. One bedroom, executive suite and includes use of all amenities at the nearby Big Cedar Lodge Resort. Does not include transportation or other expenses. Travel dates are April 12 to 14, 2013. Dates can be changed subject to availability.
Call or text me today at 913-486-8113 or email at email@example.com.
Here are the ways you earn points/tickets:
Healthy Eating habits
1. Keep a food and beverage journal (no calorie counting) – 2 tickets per week
2. Keep a food and beverage journal including the associated calories – 4 tickets per week
3. Drink your daily water requirement (96 oz. per NASM recomendations) - 4 tickets per week
4. Try a new, healthy recipe and send it to Terri for posting – 5 tickets
5. Set your own personal goal related to improving your nutrition. For example, reduce soda intake by half, reduce sugar intake, increase fruits and vegetables, etc. Whatever area you need to work on, just write it down and turn it in to me. (Make it specific, measurable, attainable, and time specific.) - 5 tickets PLUS 5 tickets per week you obtain the goal.
Active Living habits
1. Make it to your workouts!! – 5 tickets each
2. Keep an activity journal – 5 tickets per week
3. Bring a friend to a HEAL Fitness class - 3 tickets
4. Extra walking on your own – 4 tickets per 30 minutes
5. Any other moderate intensity activities (I’ll define “moderate” in a future blog) - 3 tickets per 30 minutes
1. Sign up to follow my weekly blogs, read and comment. – 2 tickets each
2. Post a strategy or other helpful tip that might encourage or help someone else along the way – 2 tickets
3. Calculate your bmi – 1 ticket
4. Calculate your bmr – 1 ticket
5. Get 7 – 8 hours sleep per night – 5 tickets per week
A few simple rules:
1. Sign up for this challenge simply by shooting me an email.
2. Keep a record of your progress/tickets earned (including food/activity journals) and show me each week in order to be in the bi-monthly drawings. I’ll issue tickets each week and keep them in a basket for the drawings.
3. Have fun with this!! It is not intended that you incorporate all of the activities all at once and be left feeling overwhelmed. The ideas listed above are simply some proven strategies to start incorporating a little at a time.
Sign up today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spread the word: Have a friend sign up for this challenge and 3 months of HEAL Classes and you receive one month free!!!